Our Commitment to Health, Intelligence and Temperment
In the North American society in which we live we have been conditioned to automatically look for the lowest price when we search for a new product. Every day we are bombarded with advertising on tv, newspaper, internet and radio to "save, save, save." "Lowest prices, 30% off, 2 for 1." When purchasing a puppy you are bringing in a new member to your family for possibly 15 years. We want to encourage you to search for your new family member not by way of the "cheapest dog" rather, the "best li'l buddy you could find." You will want to be reasonably sure of a couple of things:
The first is that you are ready for a commitment of that length. If you are ready, then you will want to ensure that care has been taken to provide you with a genetically sound, smart, healthy puppy that will be your companion for years to come. Imagine two years down the road finding out that your dog has severe hip dysplasia and has to be euthanized. Understanding this, we have taken great care selecting and evaluating the dogs we breed in every effort to eliminate that risk. Here are some of the reasons for considering our puppies:
- Our dogs are not inbred. We have a pedigree-a family tree so to speak-which we can look back upon to ensure brothers and sisters, or fathers and daughters are not breeding. We also do not "line breed." Line breeding is when a grand parent is bred to a grandchild. This is done when a breeder wants to repeat a certain trait in a dog or other animal. The risk of a weakened genetic profile for an enhanced look is a risk that we just do not take. The Canadian Kennel Club keeps records on purebred dogs and their litters. It only takes about 4 or 5 minutes to complete the paperwork on a puppy to register them with the CKC-it's not a big deal. Beware of puppies called "purebred without papers." There is no such thing. What makes a dog a purebred are the papers which show a record of it's breeding history.
- We provide you with a four year written health guaranteewhen you purchase your puppy. We want you to have peace of mind that every effort has been taken to provide you with a sound, classic Labrador Retriever. We understand that this puppy will become a new member of your family and we want you to enjoy it for many years to come. If a genetic defect is discovered in your puppy we will replace it for you. Our goal is to exceed your expectations by providing ongoing support after you bring your puppy home.
- Our puppies come with 6 weeks of complimentary health insurance (for Canadian residents only) which covers vet fees for illnesses and accidents or advertisements in the event your puppy is lost or stolen.
- Each puppy is microchipped for identification.
- Our Veterinarian administers the first set of shots and conducts a health examination on each puppy. You will receive this certificate of health signed by our vet when you pick up your new buddy.
- All of our puppies will have been de-wormed 4 X by the time they leave at week eight beginning at week 2.
- We are a registered Kennel with the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) in good standing.
Our puppies sell for $1300. A non-refundable deposit of $350 will reserve a puppy for you. The deposit will be refunded only in the event that we do not have the sex or colour of puppy you are waiting for and you choose not to wait for the next litter. Reservations are taken in order that we recieve your deposit and we often have reservations for litters that have not yet been born. If you are interested in one of our puppies please click the Contact Us button above and we will be happy to answer any of your questions.
** Please Note, that once you place a deposit, you will be assigned a position of pick. If for example you are 2nd pick of a litter, upon eight weeks after the puppy's birth, you will be scheduled to pick-up your puppy after the first pick has arrived and picked. So for example if there are eight puppies born, 4 girls and 4 boys, and you get second pick of the boys, your appointment will be made an hour after the first pick has picked-up their puppy and you will have the pick of the remaining 3 boys. This gives the puppies time to open their eyes, and begin developing their personality before you have to make your choice of what puppy you desire. We will post new photos every couple of weeks to show the puppies progress. We will also provide you with a written contract of the position of pick, the sex and color of puppy you have requested upon receiving your deposit.
** We take deposits for five boys and five girls from each litter. Our mothers have had up to 13 puppies. In the event your choice of sex or color is not whelped, you have the choice to be refunded your money, take a puppy of the opposite sex if available, or wait for the next litter. We provide this in writing to you upon making your deposit.
We feed our puppies as well as their moms and dads a natural pet food. This pet food is a super premium food with more than 75% meat content. In searching a long time for a food that we were comfortable feeding our dogs we have finally found one. The tough time we had when searching for a suitable food was finding one who's marketing was not misleading. For example, we learned that according to the laws of listing ingredients, that if for example chicken was listed as the first ingredient, this was because it was weighed before cooking with all of the water in the chicken still contributing to the weight. Once the chicken was cooked and the water had been removed, it certainly wouldn't be the first ingredient because much of what was making it heavy had been cooked out. The lamb meal and chicken meal listed as the first two ingredients in the food shows a true measure of the amount of meat protein in the food. Meal is weighed after it is cooked which gives a very accurate representation of how much meat is actually in the food.
Since feeding our dogs this whole life natural food, we have been able to feed them less which results in fewer poops to clean up. They look healthier and we have the piece of mind that we are doing what's best for our dogs. Better yet, the company ships the food for free right to our door. This is appreciated over the course of 15 years of not having to lug a 40lb bag of dog food from the store to your car, then your car to the house.
OUR KENNEL POLICY
We adhere to the Code of Practice for Canadian Kennel Operations written by the Canadian Veterinary Association. You can find the document at:
Canadian Vetrinarian Kennel Policy